The Value of WordPress Maintenance Service
Website owners don’t always see the value of WordPress maintenance service. The reason, WordPress is easy to install, build and publish content. What a lot of people overlook is what happens behind the scenes. The complete lifecycle of your website
Owning a WordPress site means supporting it
When people decide they need a website they start with the first phase, assessing their needs which leads to design and finally implement. Steps are missed which lead to rework of the design or even changes to content. Maybe the owner has not thought through “why” they really want a website or a step is missed. Unfortunately, there are two key factors in building the website that a lot of people ignore.
- A website is not static – things change constantly on the web and need to be updated or corrected (or at least they should be)
- The process is really a cycle – As things change they need to be reviewed and incorporated into the existing design and implemented
What does support mean?
A WordPress site can operate with and without problems. If a problem does occur, it may not be visible but the impact can be significant to your business and reputation. Things like:
- Update Plugins
- Website backup (imagine losing your entire website and no backup)
- Security Breaches
- Malware/Virus Attacks
- Inappropriate content posted by visitors
- Broken Pages
- Missing images
What we’re trying to say is support is required on every aspect of your website and hosting environment. Websites need to be monitored and maintained in a systematic and consistent manner.
Care and Feeding of WordPress
The support process constantly monitors the website identifying issues and as quickly as possible correcting or reporting them as needed. In it’s simplest form its managing plugins and themes and ensuring basic website security is maintained. Supporting a WordPress site requires knowledge of trends in WordPress and the components (plugins and themes) used to create the owner’s website vision. A WordPress Maintenance Service provider has access to and monitors vulnerability reports for the components making up the website they’re charged with managing.
Activities performed include
- Plugin updates – WordPress plugins are updated constantly to improve performance, correct bugs, add new features or address security concerns
- Theme updates – Correcting bugs and adding new features
- Security – review website security, manage firewalls (if implemented), user credentials and process
- Content Management -Adding and correcting website site content
- Monitoring website traffic
What else does WordPress Maintenace Service cover?
A WordPress maintenance provider can incorporate a lot more. Most business owners have little understanding of what is required to support their website and having someone knowledgeable to navigate issues is important.
WordPress Maintenance Services can extend beyond the WordPress site to the infrastructure supporting the website.
- The Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Your network
- Your web server (WordPress is not a web server, It runs on top of a web server)
- Performance and optimization
- SEO / Analytics
- Social Media
Is that it?
No, WordPress Maintenance Service can cover a range of services. Services a website owner needs or desires to support the sites continued operations.
That could entail design or implementation as the site owner identifies additional functionality.
bluSpider, LLC offers WordPress Care Maintenance Services to address most customer scenarios and select industries. If you can’t find what you want, we can customize the WordPress Care Services to meet your needs.
If you’re not sure how we can help you feel free to contact us for more information.